Tuesday 1 April 2014

Gina, Gina, Bobina...

The last few months Mommy and That Guy talked to me about getting me a friend to play with.  They said that although Weed liked to play with me she was just getting old and would not be able to for very much longer.  I know that she is slowing: she can only chase up and down the stairs once and we don't play the batting game anymore.  She sleeps alot.

So, on the weekend Mommy told me that they were going to interview possible new friends for me.  They went to the nice place where they found me.  They took along time. There must have been lots of friendly cats.  Finally the red box came home.  I had waited in the window for it all afternoon.  I did not see a new friend for me but they had a funny little box with holes in it.  That looked interesting.

It turns out that my new BFF was in the funny box.  She stayed in the box for awhile hiding under a blanket while Weed and I inspected the box.  She is out of the box now and making my house smell funny.  She is not as bold as I was.  I mentioned that to Mommy last night and she said that she was not used to other cats yet.  I guess she lived in a cage for many, many months.  Mommy said we must be patient and loving.  I can do that.  I watch her but I do not get too close.  I will wait until she wants to meet me.  

Mommy and That Guy think she is a beautiful kitty.  I think she looks funny.  She is all sorts of different colors like black, brown and orange.  Mommy said that she is a Tortoiseshell and she is my age.  Mommy also said that she will be playful all the time, just like me, when she gets to know me.    There is the red dot game, and all the furry mouses, and the balls, and the chase game, and the wap wap game.   I can't wait.

                                          

Mommy doesn't have a picture of Gina yet but she did not think that SCAT (where we used to live) would mind us using one picture of her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment