Monday 16 January 2012

My New Family

I thought that I would introduce you to my new family.  We all ate breakfast in the kitchen together yesterday for the first time.  It was nice.  That's the first time I've eaten with a family since my kitties were kitten-napped.  My Mommy keeps telling me that they weren't kitten-napped but went home with a nice gentleman who is looking after them and they will be well loved.  That makes me feel a little better.
Anyways, I have two older sisters.  One is a grey tabby named Weed.  I grew up on the streets, I know what Weed is.  But my Mommy swears that it is because when she was rescued she was so small she fit in a hand and two weeks later was full grown.  She says she grew like a weed, but I don't know......  I guess I'll believe her.  
My other sister is called Rascal.  She was adopted not from Street Cat, but through Street Cat.  She is  a very old Tortie.  I like her alot but unfortunately she was diagnosed with Kidney Failure the night before I came here.  She gets water from a bag  through a tube into the back of her neck.  She also gets lots of special soft food and treats.  I know she is old and sick so I don't complain about the special treatment.  Plus Mommy and That Guy told me that she seemed to have had a hard life and was going to be put down because the other kitties in her old house didn't like her.  Wow, that's harsh.
Today though Rascal took a turn for the worse.  She didn't want to talk to me or Weed and even growled at my Mommy.  My Mommy was pretty upset and spent most of the day sitting with her giving her water and trying to get her to eat some warmed up soft food.   Mommy told me that Rascal would sit with her all day and night when she was sick with something called Cancer and wanted to return the favour.  I wanted to help Mommy but I didn't know how.  I calmed my kitties by grooming them but I'm not sure that would help Mommy.  Besides, she grooms herself pretty well.  Weed sat in her lap.  So, I offered moral support.  I sat at her feet and followed her around all day, and sometimes talked to her.   I hope that Rascal is feeling better tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cat family, but so sad about Rascal. We have 4 cats in our family, and we have had others that have gotten ill and had to go on without us to a better place. I'm keeping Rascal and you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She's more alert today and about the house a little. She's not eating and drinking as much as she should be. We're trying to give as much good time as we can. She could last years yet, and that is our hope. It's always hard to lose part of the family.

      Delete
  2. Oh, and we volunteer at SCAT. :-) I forgot to mention that.

    ReplyDelete