Tuesday 24 January 2012

My Indoor Tree

Wow!  Did I ever get stoned.  I have this cushion that my granny made and it is stuffed full of Okanagan Nip!  Not that commercial stuff, the good organic stuff.  I guess they used to have to take Phils pillow away from her because she would lay on it and drool all day - no eating, drinking, or litter breaks.  

Anyways I got all twitchy and so full of get up and go.  So I went.  I ran to the basement, I ran upstairs, I ran from the kitchen to the front.  I ran to a chair by the window and tried climbing the back of it.  Then I noticed something I'd never seen before . . . . . . .

A TREE!  INSIDE!  How wonderful.  I love trees.  I hunkered down and wiggled my butt in preparation for the big leap and then I heard my Mommy's voice saying 'that's not smart Tam Ling'.  I ignored her.  I'm a cat, trees are my thing.  So I lept . . . .

And the tree fell over!  I was so embarassed when I fell out of it,  I sobered up instantly.  I took another look at the tree and maybe it wasn't quite so tree like as I thought.  It was actually pretty spindly.  Mommy was crying and I went to tell Mommy that I was sorry for breaking her tree.  She said that it was okay - the tree was fine.  Turns out she wasn't crying, she was laughing so hard it looked like she was crying.  

Now I sit on a chair at the other side of the window.

It looked much bigger at the time.  Now I sit on the other chair.

1 comment: